This zip file contains source code for sample WP7, WP8, desktop Silverlight, and universal Windows 8.1/Windows Phone 8.1 applications and the binaries needed to play HLS streams. In addition to M3U8/M3U playlists, PLS playlists and raw AAC, MP3, and TS streams are supported.
See the Documentation
for more details.
- Background audio is not reliable on WP8 with firmware earlier than Update 2 (reads hang).
- WP 8.1's background audio may leak non-heap, unmanaged memory.
- The Silverlight HttpClient can cause memory problems with long or endless streams (set "MediaStreamFacadeSettings.Parameters.UseHttpConnection" to true to use HttpConnection instead)
- Get the ISO 639-2 language from MPEG-2 Transport Streams all the way to Player Framework's UI (WinRT only).
- Merge SM.TsParser into SM.Media.
- Fix some hangs when there was failure or a stop before playback had finished initializing.
- Recover from some types of failure in WP8.1's background audio.
- Add support for showing Shoutcast metadata in background audio (both WP7/8 and WP8.1).
- Enhance frame sync for audio streams.
- Don't be as strict when parsing M3U/M3U8 files.
- Refresh live HLS playlists a little more often.
- Add the WP8.1 background audio sample.
- SM.Media.Platform.WP8 now builds for AnyCPU instead of having separate ARM and x86 builds.
- Add a wildcard "Accept:".
- HttpClientReader is no longer in SM.Media. It is not used on WinRT and having it in SM.Media would force WinRT apps to include support for the portable HttpClient.
- MediaElementManager has been eliminated.
- Player Framework has been updated to v2.0 and is now used for WP7.
- HttpConnection, a simple socket based HTTP client, has been added. It is the default HTTP stack for background audio.
- Universal sample apps have been added.
- H.264 streams now try to respect the embedded frame rate (this may cause trouble for some streams).
- MediaStreamFascade has been renamed to MediaStreamFacade.
- Many, many, bug fixes.