This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Please help me play a hls stream on windows phone.

Jul 11, 2014 at 3:23 PM
I have installed vs 2012 pro on windows 8 OS pc and wp 8 sdk to build wp8 apps and mainly streaming apps.

Please help me play a hls stream on windows phone.

I have tried your example NasaTv.WP8 , but when I Run Iam seeng the follwoing errors

Warning 1 The OutputPath property is not set for project 'SM.Media.Platform.WP8.csproj'. Please check to make sure that you have specified a valid combination of Configuration and Platform for this project. Configuration='Debug' Platform='AnyCPU'. This error may also appear if some other project is trying to follow a project-to-project reference to this project, this project has been unloaded or is not included in the solution, and the referencing project does not build using the same or an equivalent Configuration or Platform. NasaTv.WP8
Warning 2 The referenced component 'SM.Media.Builder' could not be found. NasaTv.WP8
Warning 3 The referenced component 'SM.Media.Platform.WP8' could not be found. NasaTv.WP8
Warning 4 The referenced component 'SM.Media' could not be found. NasaTv.WP8
Warning 5 The referenced component 'NasaTv.Support' could not be found. NasaTv.WP8
Warning 6 The referenced component 'SM.TsParser' could not be found. NasaTv.WP8
Coordinator
Jul 14, 2014 at 11:08 AM
You need to set the platform to x86 (for the emulator) or ARM (for running on a device).
Jul 14, 2014 at 11:14 AM
Edited Jul 14, 2014 at 11:16 AM
Can You please come online and reply to my queries posted.

Can You please guide what ever the things necessary for building / running hls streaming apps.

What .dll's to download and from where

Can u please guide me step by step.

Thanks
Jul 14, 2014 at 11:20 AM
Ok Yes I am testing now on Lumia 620 even though the errors are showing.

Thanks
Jul 14, 2014 at 1:37 PM
Latest Error Reports are:

Warning 13 Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Users\shravan\Downloads\phonesm-45ee4449f092bacd4f5725b18bf8ddf2da3cdf7e(1)\Source\Libraries\SM.Media.BackgroundAudioStreamingAgent.WP8\Bin\ARM\Debug\SM.Media.BackgroundAudioStreamingAgent.WP8.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. BackgroundAudio.Sample.WP8

Warning 14 Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Users\shravan\Downloads\phonesm-45ee4449f092bacd4f5725b18bf8ddf2da3cdf7e(1)\Source\Libraries\SM.Media.Builder\bin\Debug\SM.Media.Builder.dll' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. BackgroundAudio.Sample.WP8

Error 15 Could not load file or assembly 'System.Core, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) C:\Users\shravan\Downloads\phonesm-45ee4449f092bacd4f5725b18bf8ddf2da3cdf7e(1)\Source\Phone\BackgroundAudio.Sample.WP8\App.xaml 1 1 BackgroundAudio.Sample.WP8

Error 16 The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040) C:\Users\shravan\Downloads\phonesm-45ee4449f092bacd4f5725b18bf8ddf2da3cdf7e(1)\Source\Phone\BackgroundAudio.Sample.WP8..\BackgroundAudio.Sample.WP7\MainPage.xaml 1 1 BackgroundAudio.Sample.WP8

Error 3 The name "LocalizedStrings" does not exist in the namespace "clr-namespace:BackgroundAudio.Sample". C:\Users\shravan\Downloads\phonesm-45ee4449f092bacd4f5725b18bf8ddf2da3cdf7e(1)\Source\Phone\BackgroundAudio.Sample.WP8\App.xaml 11 9 BackgroundAudio.Sample.WP8

Warning 1 The reference assemblies for framework ".NETPortable,Version=v4.5,Profile=Profile259" were not found. To resolve this, install the SDK or Targeting Pack for this framework version or retarget your application to a version of the framework for which you have the SDK or Targeting Pack installed. Note that assemblies will be resolved from the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) and will be used in place of reference assemblies. Therefore your assembly may not be correctly targeted for the framework you intend. SM.Media

Warning 5 The reference assemblies for framework ".NETPortable,Version=v4.5,Profile=Profile259" were not found. To resolve this, install the SDK or Targeting Pack for this framework version or retarget your application to a version of the framework for which you have the SDK or Targeting Pack installed. Note that assemblies will be resolved from the Global Assembly Cache (GAC) and will be used in place of reference assemblies. Therefore your assembly may not be correctly targeted for the framework you intend. SM.Media.Builder

Error 2 The TargetFrameworkProfile property is not set for project 'SM.TsParser.csproj'. Portable projects must specify a profile. SM.Media

Error 4 The TargetFrameworkProfile property is not set for project 'SM.TsParser.csproj'. Portable projects must specify a profile. SM.TsParser

Error 6 The TargetFrameworkProfile property is not set for project 'SM.TsParser.csproj'. Portable projects must specify a profile. SM.Media.Builder

Error 7 The TargetFrameworkProfile property is not set for project 'SM.TsParser.csproj'. Portable projects must specify a profile. SM.Media.Platform.WP8

Error 8 The TargetFrameworkProfile property is not set for project 'SM.TsParser.csproj'. Portable projects must specify a profile. SM.Media.MediaPlayer.WP8

Error 9 The TargetFrameworkProfile property is not set for project 'SM.TsParser.csproj'. Portable projects must specify a profile. SM.Media.BackgroundAudioStreamingAgent.WP8

Error 10 The TargetFrameworkProfile property is not set for project 'SM.TsParser.csproj'. Portable projects must specify a profile. HlsView.WP8

Error 11 The TargetFrameworkProfile property is not set for project 'SM.TsParser.csproj'. Portable projects must specify a profile. NasaTv.WP8

Error 12 The TargetFrameworkProfile property is not set for project 'SM.TsParser.csproj'. Portable projects must specify a profile. SamplePlayer.WP8

Please help me to fix these issues.

Thanks
Coordinator
Jul 14, 2014 at 8:59 PM
You may need to install VS2013 Update 2. I'm not sure where else to get PCL Proflie 259 for VS2012; you could try the Windows Phone 8.1 SDK.

I spend most of my phonesm time in VS2013 these days. Only WP7 and Silverlight require VS2012.
Sep 5, 2014 at 7:18 AM
Can you briefly explain.

1)Can .m3u8 live streams be played on windows phone 7, 7.1 and 8 etc?

2)If Yes what are the basic requirements and where is the right SDK and dlls provided?

3)Can you please guide me step by step working or building the app.

I have installed Vs 2012 pro

Vs 2012 for windows phone

windows 8 OS

wp 8 SDK installed also.

Please reply ASAP.
Coordinator
Sep 5, 2014 at 8:11 PM
srk2k14 wrote:
Can you briefly explain.

1)Can .m3u8 live streams be played on windows phone 7, 7.1 and 8 etc?
phonesm should run on WP7.1 and later.
2)If Yes what are the basic requirements and where is the right SDK and dlls provided?
Most are managed by NuGet, but Player Framework is also needed for some of the samples.
3)Can you please guide me step by step working or building the app.
Use HlsPlayer.sln or HlsPlayer.VS2013.sln if building from source. A normal solution build should work. If you prefer the command line, then Scripts/build2012.bat should also work.
I have installed Vs 2012 pro

Vs 2012 for windows phone

windows 8 OS

wp 8 SDK installed also.

Please reply ASAP.
Sep 8, 2014 at 6:24 AM
If you prefer the command line, then Scripts/build2012.bat should also work. ? ?

Can you briefly exaplain How to run on command line

Give me the path of Scripts/build2012.bat

Thanks
Coordinator
Sep 8, 2014 at 10:20 AM
Sep 8, 2014 at 12:06 PM
ok wht should I do How to run it on command line

I have run it and saw

C:\Users\shravan>cd..

C:\Users>cd..

C:>"%~dp0..\tools\NuGet\NuGet.exe" restore "%~dp0..\Source\HlsPlayer.sln
The system cannot find the path specified.

C:>
C:>msbuild /m "%~dp0build2012.proj"
'msbuild' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

C:>