Take a look at phonesm-1.5.1 alpha instead.
This zip file contains source code for sample WP7, WP8, desktop Silverlight, and universal Windows 8.1/Windows Phone 8.1 applications and the binaries needed to play HLS streams. In addition to M3U8/M3U playlists, raw AAC, MP3, and TS streams should play. PLS playlists are partially supported (only the first entry will play).
See the Documentation
for more details.
- Background audio is not reliable on WP8 with firmware earlier than Update 2 (reads hang).
- SM.Media.Platform.WP8 now builds for AnyCPU instead of having separate ARM and x86 builds.
- Add a wildcard "Accept:".
- HttpClientReader is no longer in SM.Media. It is not used on WinRT and having it in SM.Media would force WinRT apps to include support for the portable HttpClient.
- MediaElementManager has been eliminated.
- Player Framework has been updated to v2.0 and is now used for WP7.
- HttpConnection, a simple socket based HTTP client, has been added. It is disable by default.
- Universal sample apps have been added.
- H.264 streams now try to respect the embedded frame rate (this may cause trouble for some streams).
- MediaStreamFascade has been renamed to MediaStreamFacade.
- Many, many, bug fixes.