This zip file contains source code for sample WP7, WP8, desktop Silverlight, and Windows 8.1 applications and the binaries needed to play HLS streams. In addition to M3U8/M3U playlists, raw AAC, MP3, and TS streams should now play. PLS playlists are partially supported (only the first entry will play).
See the Documentation
for more details.
- Background audio is not reliable on WP8 with firmware earlier than Update 2 (reads hang).
- SamplePlayer.WP7 sometimes does not start playing when it should.
- AES-128 encrypted streams are much more reliable.
- The time needed to start playback and to seek has been reduced.
- Changing the stream during playback is much more reliable.
- MediaStreamFascade has been added to provide a simpler API.
- MediaStreamFascade uses a DI container to make customization easier.
- The code is more tolerant of odd playlists.
- The buffering code works better and is easier to customize.
- Support has been added for Windows 8.1 and Silverlight.
- The Windows 8.1 app can play H.262 and AC3 content.
- There is a background audio for WP8 sample.
- Partial support has been added for PLS playlists.
- Many, many, bug fixes.