Background sound

Feb 3, 2016 at 7:14 PM
Hi,
I have modified my app in order to add sound when you minimize the app and I have a problem with your plugin. I use your tool on W8.1, WPH8.1 and UWP as plugin for the player FrameWork. I have set the property AudioCategory="BackgroundCapableMedia" on the player, and I have created a second task of audio. And when I minimize the app, it Works 30 seconds approximately and then it stops. I have revised the log and the throughput of internet and it Works but the player doesn't work. Other plugins as SmoothStreaming Works correctly, so I think that there is a small bug, is it correct? Or Have I do some extra thing? Could you help me?
Thanks you!
Coordinator
Feb 8, 2016 at 7:08 PM
I seem to recall something like this from a while ago when targeting WinRT. At the time, I was not able to figure out what was going wrong. Everything seemed to be doing the right thing, but playback would stop after 20 or 30 seconds anyway. Perhaps the documentation and/or sample code has been updated with something constructive since the last time I looked at this.

...and yes, you are probably right that it is a "small bug". Unfortunately, sometimes the "small" ones are more difficult to find.