This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Windows Phone Silverlight 8.1 Sample

Oct 23, 2015 at 2:25 PM
Sample doesn't contain any sample for windows phone silverlight 8.1 template. If anyone has made HLS streaming app using windows phone silverlight 8.1 template then please share it with me I am having some problem in it. Thanks
Coordinator
Dec 12, 2015 at 12:57 PM
What kinds of problems? Are you playing background audio?
Dec 14, 2015 at 3:45 AM
I want to play ".m3u8" file at background. I do that for windows phone 8. But unable to do that for windows phone silverlight 8.1. Is there any sample for silverlight 8.1 or possibility to get later?
Coordinator
Dec 15, 2015 at 7:51 AM
IIRC, Microsoft doesn't support background audio for Silverlight 8.1 apps; they turned that off when they added WinRT background audio for 8.1. There is code for WinRT background audio, but it has a slow memory leak (I'm pretty sure the leak is in Microsoft's code). 512MB phones will run out of memory in the background process after a while and will at least glitch the sound when the phonesm code restarts the audio playback. More and more code was added to make handling the out-of-memory problems more reliable, but I never did get it so it could always restart playback. Anyhow, the best solution is probably either to write a native/C++ background audio player for 8.1 (hopefully avoiding the memory leak) or to build for WP8 Silverlight.