This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Wrong MediaEndedBehavior in Player Framework for HLS videos

Feb 3, 2015 at 2:10 PM
Another issue I just ran into - when playing HLS video using Player Framework MediaPlayer, when the video ends, it's unloaded and cannot be played again.
The behavior when video ends should be configurable using MediaEndedBehavior="Manual/Reset/Stop", but no mater which value I tried, the result was always the same.

How to reproduce this:
Open the SamplePlayer.WP8, start it and seek about 10 seconds from the end. Let the video end.
Current behavior - it's not possible to play the video again by pressing Play/Pause
Expected behavior - it should be possible to play it again as many times I want, ideally configurable using the MediaEndedBehavior.

Note I've tested the Player Framework with standard mp4 video and the MediaEndedBehavior works as expected.
Coordinator
Feb 4, 2015 at 3:20 PM
The current plugin pays no attention to MediaEndedBehavior at all (it just stops things and cleans up what it can), so it is not surprising that it doesn't work. I'll take a look to see if I can do something constructive with it.
Coordinator
Feb 4, 2015 at 3:21 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.