YouTube Live m3u8

Sep 28, 2014 at 9:15 PM
I've successfully played m3u8 files on the Windows Phone before, but since switching to using the new YouTube live platform the player always plays a "live" stream that is 4 hours old. YouTube Live has a 4 hour DVR function, so it seems like I'm just missing a setting (or something) to get the player to skip ahead. Can anyone help point me in in the right direction?
Coordinator
Sep 29, 2014 at 7:19 AM
The code that picks the starting segment when playing live streams is SM.Media.Hls.HlsPlaylistSegmentManager's SetDynamicStartIndex(). If it is working properly, then playback of live streams should never start more than 60 seconds in the past. You may want to put a breakpoint there and step through the code to see why "_startSegmentIndex" winds up so far back.
Oct 1, 2014 at 2:44 PM
Updated Player Framework to latest version and moved app from Windows Phone 8.1 Silverlight to Windows Phone 8.1 and it works properly.
Marked as answer by dmcspadden on 10/1/2014 at 7:45 AM
Coordinator
Oct 1, 2014 at 8:18 PM
Which version of phonesm were you using before?

Thanks.
Oct 1, 2014 at 8:44 PM
To be honest, I'm not sure. I originally built the app last year, so October 2013. It was at least a year old, and would've been before MSFT introduced the Portable DLL project types. The project was targeting Windows Phone 7.5, which I successfully upgraded to 8. Long story short - keep your DLL's up to date.