This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Stream fails to start when ID3 Tag is in the first ts file

Jul 14, 2014 at 12:04 PM
Hi,

Previously I was working on ID3 Tag support in this project (Previous Thread), this was working fine untill I found a bug recently that I want to be squashed.

Background Info: I'm working on a WP8 app for a Radio, the Radio serves a HLS stream with TS files for Audio Only + ID3 Tags.

When the first packet of the HLS stream contains an ID3 Tag the project fails to load the next TS files, it is still polling on the M3U8 files but the segments are not being loaded.
When I start the stream before or after the ID3 Tags inside the ts files everything is working great.

Do any of you know where to look for the problem?

Thanks in advance,
Mark Hijdra
Coordinator
Jul 15, 2014 at 8:08 AM
I suspect that the stream configuration is getting confused if the first thing it finds is an ID3 packet. Since the system will not start consuming data until configuration is complete, this would produce the symptoms you describe. If you could PM me some sample data that shows the problem, I should be able to take a look sometime this week (some .ts files or a Fiddler .saz trace file).
Jul 15, 2014 at 10:34 AM
I send some TS files to you, if you need anything else just let me know.