This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

How to start?

Jun 24, 2014 at 8:09 AM
Edited Jun 24, 2014 at 10:18 AM
Hi,
I downloaded the Sample and ran it to play my own hls streams and it works, my next step is to add it to my solution (in VS2013 Ultimate).
I read the documentation but didn't fully understand.
I would like to use the player in my solution (WP8), tried taking the compiled Dlls from the Sample (SM.Media, SM.Media.MediaPlayer.WP8, SM.Media.Platform.WP8, SM.TsParser) but I get an error about not finding SM.Media.Builder.

I guess the easiest way is to add the relevant projects to my solution, and then reference to it, but I didn't understand which projects I need to add? and from what source (the phonesm-1.2.2 beta from downloads or the code source)?

Another issue, I downloaded the full code source and tried to compile HlsPlayer solution, some projects cannot be loaded (SM.Media, SM.MediaBuilder, SM.Media.Platform and two more) I get error: Project is targeting frameworks not installed or are included as part of future updates to Visual Studio. I looked at the target framework for these projects and saw that they target v4.5 (and not windows phone), how can I compile the solution?

Thanks!
Coordinator
Jun 24, 2014 at 6:01 PM
lilachva83 wrote:
Hi,
I downloaded the Sample and ran it to play my own hls streams and it works, my next step is to add it to my solution (in VS2013 Ultimate).
I read the documentation but didn't fully understand.
I would like to use the player in my solution (WP8), tried taking the compiled Dlls from the Sample (SM.Media, SM.Media.MediaPlayer.WP8, SM.Media.Platform.WP8, SM.TsParser) but I get an error about not finding SM.Media.Builder.
There should be SM.Media.Builder DLLs in the binary directory. It configures the DI container (Autofac).
I guess the easiest way is to add the relevant projects to my solution, and then reference to it, but I didn't understand which projects I need to add? and from what source (the phonesm-1.2.2 beta from downloads or the code source)?
For WP8, you will need SM.TsParser, SM.Media, SM.Media.Platform.WP8, and SM.Media.Builder. If you want to use Player Framework, you will also need SM.Media.MediaPlayer.WP8.

At this point, if you are building from source, you are probably better off using the phonesm-1.2.2 source from the downloads (or from the phonesm-1.2.2 tag in git; they should be the same). You may want to update the NuGet packages.
Another issue, I downloaded the full code source and tried to compile HlsPlayer solution, some projects cannot be loaded (SM.Media, SM.MediaBuilder, SM.Media.Platform and two more) I get error: Project is targeting frameworks not installed or are included as part of future updates to Visual Studio. I looked at the target framework for these projects and saw that they target v4.5 (and not windows phone), how can I compile the solution?
SM.Media and SM.MediaBuilder are Portable Class Libraries. For example, SM.Media targets .Net 4.5, Windows 8, Windows Phone 8.1, and Windows Phone Silverlight 8 (Profile259).

Make sure you have the WP8 SDK and Player Framework installed. I think VS2013 Update 2 is also required.
Thanks!
Jun 25, 2014 at 8:32 AM
Thanks henric!