This project has moved and is read-only. For the latest updates, please go here.

Why I miss some .dll , and how to add it

Aug 29, 2013 at 4:07 AM
HI I'm a new to wp8
i downloads this project but it cant be build
then i found it's miss some .dll
Microsoft.Threading.Tasks.dll
Microsoft.Threading.Tasks.Extensions.dll
System.Net.Http.Extensions.dll
tanks
Coordinator
Aug 29, 2013 at 9:22 AM
Those assemblies should get restored by NuGet.

Which solution are you trying to build (latest git repository, the source download, or the binary download)?

Are you using Visual Studio 2012 Express or Professional (or better)?
Aug 30, 2013 at 2:49 AM
henric wrote:
Those assemblies should get restored by NuGet.

Which solution are you trying to build (latest git repository, the source download, or the binary download)?

Are you using Visual Studio 2012 Express or Professional (or better)?
thanks it work!!!

thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sep 3, 2013 at 2:32 AM
there is some trouble in my app (SimplePlayer.wp8). why i build a new app it can not work?
and there is some debug information

TsMediaManager.PlayAsync failed: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Command failed: One or more errors occurred.

thanks
Coordinator
Sep 3, 2013 at 9:07 PM
Are you using the latest source or phonesm-20130513?

A number of bugs have been fixed since phonesm-20130513.

There may be some helpful diagnostic output before the "TsMediaManager.PlayAsync failed: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

If you put a breakpoint in the exception handler in "TsMediaManager.PlayAsync(), you should be able to see the from the stack trace in "ex" where the exception came from originally. Alternately, tell VS to stop when the exception is first thrown ("Debug" -> "Exceptions...", then enable the "Thrown" checkbox next to "Common Language Runtime Exception").
Oct 23, 2013 at 6:29 AM
hi henric

Great work! thank you very much.

i have a problem how to remove this downloading .ts file ?

when i paly some video there will downloading many .ts file and this is problem the app will become more and more big

so there is some way to remove this file ?

Thanks again :)
Coordinator
Oct 23, 2013 at 7:20 AM
You're welcome.

The phonesm code never writes the .TS files (or the .M3U8 files) to permanent storage. They segments are fetched into RAM, demuxed, and the resulting streams are fed directly to the operating system's "MediaElement".

Are you seeing .TS files eating up storage on your device? Apart from the operating system possibly using non-volatile storage to cache HTTP requests, I can't think of how else that might happen.

If I misunderstood your comment and you meant that your app is running out of memory, then there have been periods where the current head of the source code repository had memory leaks. The last time that was the case was fixed on October 3 in 9f3084af0a83. If so, which binary build or source code are you using? If you are seeing this with current code, is it only for particular streams or does it happen with, say, the example NASA TV stream?
Oct 24, 2013 at 5:22 AM
thank you

I used the last code on yesterday(Hls View), but the problem still exists

--- This application playing some time and quite will become great.

And I checked and there is no file in storage.idont know is MediaElement buff not delete?

So this has a trouble when I watch a lot of times using the application, the application will occupy a lot of space on the phone
Coordinator
Oct 24, 2013 at 11:04 PM
If you go to "Storage Check" in "Settings", does the extra space appear under "Temporary Files"?
Oct 25, 2013 at 2:38 AM
ye when i go to storage check and found the app has big App data,and this app's app data will Growing when i playing